The Colfax Library building was built in 1917 to house the Colfax Post Office.  soon thereafter, the Pacific Gas and Electric Company’s Drum Division moved in to share the space.  Sixty years later, in 1977, the Colfax Library took over occupancy of the remodeled Colfax Post Office end of the building.

When the Placer County Library Service Plan was developed in 2002, it highlighted what we already knew, the Colfax Library was in need of a critical expansion.  The community was woefully undeserved.  With the passage of the Library Service Plan, the Friends of the Colfax Library went into high gear, establishing a Colfax Library Building Fund, as we actively started raising funds and advocating for a new library facility or for the purchase and expansion of the current facility.  When the Capital Facility Plan was passed in 2006, the Colfax Library purchase and expansion was given a high priority.  In December 2006, the Placer County Board of Supervisors unanimously approved the purchase and expansion of the Colfax Library building with a $1.8 million budget.  The city of Colfax voted to adopt the County’s Developer Impact Fee program on November 13, 2007.  The unanimous vote freed up our Library Restoration funding.

The Friends of the Colfax Library are ecstatic to have our dreams of a “new” library come true with our GRAND opening on July 17, 2010.

 

 

Looking for something?

Use the form below to search the site:


Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!

Visit our friends!

A few highly recommended friends...