- GLASS CASES – Ann Fain
The NOON Program on Friday April 20th will feature Daniel Berlant. Daniel is a City Councilman for Auburn and Assistant Deputy Director Planning & Risk Analysis Fire Engineering & Investigations. His talk will center on what are officials doing to reduce region’s fire risk and what steps homeowners should take to do their part.
Last year’s fire season was one of the most destructive and deadliest in California history. Auburn is a high risk wildfire area. What happened in Santa Rosa could easily occur here in Auburn. Are we prepared?
Growing up in Auburn, Berlant is a product of Auburn’s schools including Placer High School and a graduate of the University of California, Davis. Berlant is also a member of the Auburn Kiwanis Club.
Berlant served as a Board of Trustee for the Auburn Union School District for nearly five years, four of which as Board President. During his tenure at the Auburn Union School District he successfully worked to restructure the finances of the financially struggling district and got a 3-year balanced budget passed, which has resulted in long term financial stability for the district.
In December 2012 Berlant was named by the Sacramento Business Journal as one of the Sacramento regions “Top 40 under 40”. An award he credits to the hard work of helping to solve Auburn Union School District’s budget crisis.
In November 2013, Berlant was honored by the Placer County School Boards Association as an “Outstanding Trustee of the Year”.
2019 Annual Dinner Reservation – Not yet ready to take reservations. Will be held the last Sunday in January, the 27th of 2019Please Email Us to get your reservation. Include your name and number of people in your party.
Join Us and Support Your Library
Big Day of Giving coming on Thursday May 3rd
FOL Auburn is a 501(c)(3) Certified Non-Profit organization. Tax ID #94-2878154
- 4/4 Wednesday Used Book Sale; Library Annex; 9-4
- 4/6 Friday NOON Program, Douglas Van Howd, "In Detail: Experiences of a Wildlife, Western, & White House Art", Auburn Library Beecher Room 12-1
- 4/7 Saturday Used Book Sale; Library Annex; 9-3
- 4/10 Tuesday Great Books
- 4/20 Friday NOON Program, Daniel Berlant, Assistant Deputy Director Planning & Risk Analysis Fire Engineering & Investigations; Auburn Library Beecher Room 12-1
- 5/2 Wednesday Used Book Sale; Library Annex; 9-4
- 5/3 Thursday Big Day of Giving (BDOG); All day
- 5/4 Friday NOON Program, Einar Maisch, General Manager, Placer County Water Agency; Beecher Room; 12-1
- 5/5 Saturday Used Book Sale; Library Annex; 9-3
- 5/8 Tuesday Great Books: Beecher Room, 1 - 3
- 5/15 Tuesday FOL Board 4:00
- 5/16 Wednesday Library Advisory Board, 10:00 AM
- 5/18 Friday NOON Program, Ralph Gibson; 12-1; Beecher Room
- NO Noon Program This Month
- 6/6 Wednesday Used Book Sale; Library Annex; 9-4
- 6/9 Saturday Used Book Sale; Library Annex; 9-3
- 6/12 Tuesday Great Books: Beecher Room, 1 - 3
- 6/19 Tuesday FOL Board 4:00
Ongoing Library Activities
- Silver Screen
- BOB (Based on Book) Movie Series
- LEGO® Club
- Open Mike for the Spoken Word
- Time for Twos
- Mother Goose on the Loose
- Preschool Story Time
- PAWS to Read
- Open Mike for the Spoken Word
- Game On
- Book Buzz