On Friday November 4th, FOL present “The Hawver Cave” by Gene Lorance, an Environmental Resource Specialist with the State Parks Department. The cave, which is located on the El Dorado County side of the middle fork of the American River, was discovered in 1906 and contained ancient bones of humans and a variety of extinct animal fossils, stalactites and stalagmites. Gene’s program will begin at Noon with time for questions and answers. Guests should plan to arrive at the Auburn Library Beecher Room by 11:45 a.m.
NOON programs are sponsored by Friends of the Library and are free to the public.
Join Us and Support Your Library
- 4/02 Used Book Sale, Jean Couzens Annex (9 to 4)
- 4/03 One Book One Community Avalanche Film PCOE (6:30 pm)
- 4/04 NOON Speaker Series, Beecher Room (12 pm)
- 4/05 Used Book Sale, Jean Couzens Annex (9 to 3)
- 4/08 Great Books Discussion Group, Beecher Room (1 pm)
- 4/09 One Book One Community, Author Speaking PHS (6?30 pm)
- 4/21 Board Meeting, Beecher Room (9:30)
- 4/23 Poetry and Wine, Beecher Room
- 5/17 3rd Annual Gold Country Book Festival <.ul>
Weekly Library Activities
Wednesdays: Mother Goose On The Loose (10:30) through July 31
Thursdays: Story Time for Preschoolers (11:00) through July 25
Thursdays: Writing and Reciting for Teens (4:00)