On Friday November 4th, FOL present “The Hawver Cave” by Gene Lorance, an Environmental Resource Specialist with the State Parks Department. The cave, which is located on the El Dorado County side of the middle fork of the American River, was discovered in 1906 and contained ancient bones of humans and a variety of extinct animal fossils, stalactites and stalagmites. Gene’s program will begin at Noon with time for questions and answers. Guests should plan to arrive at the Auburn Library Beecher Room by 11:45 a.m.
NOON programs are sponsored by Friends of the Library and are free to the public.
Join Us and Support Your Library
- 10/07 Used Book Sale, Jean Couzens Annex (9 to 4)
- 10/02 NOON Speaker Series, Beecher Room (12 pm)
- 10/10 Used Book Sale, Jean Couzens Annex (9 to 3)
- 10/14 Great book discussion Beecher Room (1pm)
- 10/16 NOON Speaker Series, Beecher Room (12 pm)
- 10/17 FOL Booth Auburn Community Festival Rec. Park (10-4 pm)
- 10/19 Board Meeting, Beecher Room
Weekly Library Activities
Tuesdays & Wednesdays: Mother Goose on the Loose (babies from birth to two): 10:30 – 11:00 am
Thursdays: Storytime (Preschoolers ages 3-5): 11:00 – 11:30 am
2nd Wednesday of the month: Paws To Read- 3:30-4:30 pm
Drop in on Third Saturday of the month: LEGO Club-1:00-3:00 pm